Xenharmonic Guitarist

• October 17, 2018, 09:13:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some Xenharmonic 16-EDO triadic 'harmony' / arpeggio inversion charts  (Read 2724 times)

Ron

• Administrator
    • Sword Guitars

Here are some JI sonorities that Igliashon Jones aka Calvin Coolidge gave me in scale chart form (the most useful form)

The fretboard dotting scheme may be different and maybe even the tuning than what others use ....   so my tuning goes from the 7th fret up until the standard 'b' string (2nd string) which is tuned from the 4th fret a string below. This b string gap is large but necessary for tuning from 7th fret in order to get back two octaves 'e' on the top (1st string). Unless you do a tuning in fourths it's the easiest tuning for guitar I have found - as the goal is to keep arpeggios as similar as possible from 6th and 5th strings. This is very similar to 12-tone tuning also -
except the typical power/barre chord that you find with the index finger rooted on the 5th string being a major chord-  is now a minor chord...So the 3rd inversion minor arpeggio is ultra easy. I'm going off on a tangent now - because I dont even think I provided that arpeggio here.. Haha. I'll post that next.... maybe some xenharmonic progressions in mavila [9] arpeggiated - maybe a xenharmonic sequences of some of these here contrasting maj/min/dim/dom.

In the 2nd example you can see how the 6-string first inversion major arpeggio looks (but there its the 3rd inversion).... also very easy - easier than the 6 string major arpeggio in 12-EDO  IMO.

I'll make a video and link it here in a few days..

more of these soon....
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:33:40 PM by Ron »