Xenharmonic Guitarist

• July 20, 2018, 06:13:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New member introductions  (Read 94980 times)

Mat

• Administrator
  • Space colonist
    • Music at soundcloud
New member introductions
« on: September 18, 2012, 09:32:02 PM »

Hi registration is open but due to a 100+ a day spambot attack new members have to have restricted permissions. Please introduce yourself by replying to this thread and i'll move you to a membergroup with standard permissions.
You don't have to own a microtonal guitar to join up.
If you know me at another forum just PM me your username at that forum, no need to introduce yourself.
My accounts ...
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/members/ixlramp.html
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/member.php?u=52339
http://soundcloud.com/menokefug
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:38:35 AM by Mat »

Mat

• Administrator
  • Space colonist
    • Music at soundcloud
Re: New member introductions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 10:58:34 AM »

Welcome Roncevaux, i have moved you to the 'genuine members' group and you have full permissions.

Roncevaux

• The Initiated
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:07:36 PM »

Welcome Roncevaux, i have moved you to the 'genuine members' group and you have full permissions.

Hi Matt! Thank you for letting me in :) Presenting myself, I started recently to compose in xenharmonic scales, and my favorites for now are 19-EDO and Bohlen-Pierce. I have some tracks posted in http://soundcloud.com/lois-lancaster , and my main goal here, besides discussing composition-aid tips, is to build ties of partnership for composing, playing and recording stuff. Thanks!

Mat

• Administrator
  • Space colonist
    • Music at soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 04:25:53 AM »

Lois i love your track 'Nome Feito', it has a fresh and crazy energy to it: http://soundcloud.com/lois-lancaster/nome-feito-em-bohlen-pierce-s
Sorry it's so quiet here  ;)

Robin

• The Initiated
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 09:33:23 AM »

Hi Mat

Other than joining a Gamelan class for a while a quarter-century ago, very little musical back ground until I got really interested in microtonality maybe 5-6 years back and took up/taught myself the microtonal banjo (initially 19EDO) and have lived in a self referential microtonal bubble since - I play only to amuse myself and haven't recorded anything tho I might if I think I've pinned down something worthwhile and procrastination allows

Mat

• Administrator
  • Space colonist
    • Music at soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »

Hiya Robin you now have full permissions. This forum is so quiet it's quite an event to have a new member join. Did you refret the banjo yourself? Since you wrote 'initially' ... did you then move on to another tuning after 19EDO?

Robin

• The Initiated
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 01:43:09 AM »

Did some refretting myself early on; 19 & 22 EDO; My wood/metalwork skill aren't to be envied so this was testing out the idea prior to finding someone willing to do the work properly on a fretless banjo; I have banjo's in 19 & 15 EDO and a Banjola (banjo neck/Mandola body)in 14EDO - this was a colossal mistake so I plan at some point to salvage/partially refret this instrument to 10EDO; I will be picking up my 17EDO banjo shortly

a totally guitar orientated micro/xen forum is pretty bold since we are still off 'critical mass' so I hope I can add something of worth

Iberianlynx

• The Initiated
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 05:06:06 AM »

Hi there,

I'm merely a crappy musician with very little money who would like to build some cheap guitar-like microtonal instruments to see beyond theory, for instance to test if you can be spontaneous in 41et, which I still doubt (but I'd love to believe so!)

I've been a flamenco player for years (not professionally), then I got bored of the patterns of my hands, so I've retuned my guitar in minor thirds. Looses lot of register (I'd need a 9-string guitar) but gives in exchange a deep and easy understanding of harmony, like it was one of those isomorphic keyboards. Also, very interesting fingerings, and solos can be played like arpeggios, showing more clearly how chords shape melodies (or viceversa).

Musical interests: anything if its beautiful: bossa, jazz, rock, good pop (how come Beatles and Britney Spears to be both pop?), flamenco, classic... well, this is a cool world to live in, musically at least!

Mmm, not much else to say. I'm a spaniard, so be kind to my english.
Greetings!
Jose.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:10:38 AM by Iberianlynx »

Mat

• Administrator
  • Space colonist
    • Music at soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 07:14:00 AM »

Hi Jose, your english is good. You now have full permissions.

Robin .. yeah we are a minority within a minority.

Iberianlynx

• The Initiated
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 07:19:09 AM »

Thanks!
:)

Roncevaux

• The Initiated
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 08:56:32 PM »

Hi Robin and Jose! Nice to meet you!
Robin, would you like to make some 19-EDO banjo solos for my songs?
There's one, for example, that needs a solo in the middle to lose that 'General MIDI' feeling : http://soundcloud.com/lois-lancaster/movi-nove-vers-o-karaoke-goth
Matt, thanks a lot for your compliment!  :)

Robin

• The Initiated
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »

Hi folks - sorry for the late reply
Oh gosh; I hadn't really planned any such venture to be honest, since I'm am interested, but honestly fairly crumby amateur; I haven't yet tested any level of recordability! let alone being let loose on someones artwork yet :) - Thank you I won't say no should something spontaneously emerge but  I doubt I'm very adaptable outside of my own  meanderings - I've listened a few times and it's a good piece

Tvphannel

• The Initiated
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 05:44:25 PM »

I'm Chris. I don't actually have a microtonal guitar yet (still haven't finished modding mine yet) so I've been writing mainly with IVOR and scala. I'm pretty much illiterate when it comes to theory  :P , so hopefully between here and reading the Xenharmonic wiki I'll learn more.

Mat

• Administrator
  • Space colonist
    • Music at soundcloud
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 10:04:50 AM »

Hi Chris, you have now been initiated and have full permissions. I'm in contact with Jacky Ligon who created IVOR, he's an awesome and cool guy. When you say you're modding, what are you creating?

Roncevaux

• The Initiated
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 06:58:49 PM »

I'm in contact with Jacky Ligon who created IVOR, he's an awesome and cool guy.

That's great! Ivor has been my main tool in composing these days. Please thank him for me!! :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4