Xenharmonic Guitarist

• November 16, 2018, 06:20:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just Intonation Resource Video  (Read 1954 times)

EricJacksonArts

Just Intonation Resource Video
« on: November 19, 2011, 08:07:59 PM »

Well, the revolution won't start itself...

In an attempt to inspire and help make familiar JI terms common knowledge, this is the result:

The Harmonic Series: 1-16. Plus some Music

All notes were produced on fretless guitar and bass. Music in the beginning and end is all done on fretless and as 'normal' as it may sound-all 13 Limit Just Intonation!

Mat

• Administrator
  • Space colonist
    • Music at soundcloud
Re: Just Intonation Resource Video
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »

That's cool. Like the intro / outro music.

EricJacksonArts

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 06:17:07 AM »

Thanks!

I wanted to go with something 'normal' sounding to demonstrate the flexibility of Just.

Easy Listening

• The Initiated
    • soundcloud
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 11:47:19 AM »

Thank you

Tom M Culhane

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 09:38:25 AM »

Nice work Eric. If that's you playing fretless guitar there, goddam, I didn't know you're a virtuoso guitarist too. Thanks for this vid. I'm not familiar with basic musical terms, and I'm happy to see all your notes will show up on my newly fretted guitar when I get it back from Ron. It's awesome you can play this stuff on fretless, and at high speed. I bought this viola last month, fretless of course, and it's amazing to me. all the tones i can hear in there, but since I grew up on "western' 12 tet music, I'm not sure just what i'm hearing. I hope with the new now 18 tone guitar, it will help me recognize these more subtle sounds, what they are exactly, a lot of them anyway. And with the frets I'll be able to make chords and maybe hear sounds I wouldn't have found so easily with the viola. So I'm thinking one instrument will help me with the other, back and forth. I play at a snails pace, but my philosophy is, 3 good notes is worth more than a million off notes, but if you can get a million goods notes, ... ya know? good to hear your work. I'm hoping Ron will like the new guitar and feel inspired to make an electric version. (not that I'd try to put ideas in someone's head) thanks again for helping jump start the revolution. liked your new stuff too btw.